Writing for @ConversationUK ...

As many of you who follow this blog may have noticed, I have suddenly become all 'topical' and 'such like'. The sudden cause of this affliction, has been the lure of writing for The Conversation over the last five weeks.

So, why ... well in my view, why not. After being kindly introduced by Yijun Yu, it has been an interesting and very informative experience. Apart from the pleasure of seeing a couple of very successful articles being syndicated. It has also helped develop my writing style. After all, we have to face the fact that academic types tend to waffle a bit and enjoy literary prevarication. Have you read some of our papers?

With one potential article parked needing to be actioned, another in the wings and some other ideas wandering around my head. What I have noticed is that this exercise is doing no harm in raising my profile via social media and other means.

So, if you have something to contribute, I would commend trying. The editorial staff are very helpful and will in my experience, meet you in the middle when it comes to creating a constructive article.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK