Quick technical observation ...

Sometimes the best tech is when it is simple tech and that was certainly the case this morning. Occasionally when I travel I use a local taxi firm to take me to the local airport. As this is often the most cost effective and practical method.

After booking them yesterday evening, I thought no more. Until a text at 04:45 this morning telling me that Taxi is on way. This text included car reg and model of vehicle and a way of GPS tracking its location on my smart phone.

Impressed, more so because with my wife/daughter/son who all also rarely use taxis there is an added dimension of safety as well as assurance. It is quite simple, but sometimes simple is best.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...