Where do my article ideas come from ...

It is an occasional question ... Andrew where do you get your blog post or conversation article ideas from? I am oft tempted to say - from a secret cavern in the foothills of my mind. But as you know that is a bit sarcastic and typically confuses the easily befuddled.

The reality is that they wander into my head at the most inconvenient moments - and many wander away again before I get a chance to steal a spray can and take note on a nice white wall. I have taken to jotting them down on my smart phone reminders app. However, when one is driving, which is always a good time to think, the the darn ideas appear - rending me helpless, unable to keep record.
I am forming a view that there may be a sneaky mental hobgoblin who lives in this cave at the foothills of my mind. My mental anomaly enjoys teasing me with ideas at the most inconvenient times.
Silliness aside - there is no rhyme or reason to the ideas - they appear, if I am on a roll, I will schedule some of my outputs to ensure some semblance of distribution. This worked well just before Christmas and allowed me to distribute my posts over the seasonal break and help increase readership for December.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK