Having those wee swearie moments ...

Do you swear - I do, I hope you do too.

However, one tries not to swear like a trooper nor am I the epitome of refined diction. Yet I do like to have a wee swearie now and then - its good for the soul.

What interests me is how you can easily detect the prejudices of others in terms of your preferred profanity. They will make assumptions about you and I, not that I give a s**t.

Some will say that I have a limited vocabulary - because I swear. Not a good move. Some declare that those who swear have a greater vocabulary. While instinct agrees, I think that swearing can be discovered in all intellects, its presence/absence proves little of the swearers cognitive ability.

Getting the context right is always best - there are times when you can play with the minds of idiots. Rather than ranting away, slipping into polite conversation the occasional f**k or f**t isn't such a bad thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...