A thought on the geographic reach of @OUCisco ...

Tweepsmap representation of @OUCisco's reach on Twitter
Always keen to get a view of how one is reaching others by different social media channels - I explored the geographic reach of +OUCisco via Twitter.

While it is reasonably obvious that approximately 53% are in the UK, the rest of the world 47% is a fascinating figure. I have been positing the notion of leaky teaching and how we could/would attract others into our community. This feed gets no magical corporate push, yet easily goes beyond the traditional campus of my university. Considering that we are a distance learning establishment and could (in naive theory) reach students anywhere. The distribution demands questions around what we could do to extend our offer.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simulation vs emulation vs virtualisation ....

You can't free a fish from water ...

Slow are the wheels that maketh the #Linux NAL ...