My social media experiment ... so far, not bad ...

Before you ask, no I am not a 'come lately' into the arena of social media. I have been a steady blogger/twitter/linkedin/facewebber since 2007/8 trying new platforms as they come and go. After all, who remembers Google Wave?

My current social media experiment is probably based on action research in its most unrefined state. There is plenty of suck it and see, some waggling of fingers in the air and a culmination of some years of experience as a minor academic engaging with different online communities.

The current work I am doing with our Cisco module will need refining; especially after trying to push 170 updates into HootSuite to cover Routing and Switching alone.

Each platform has its benefits and associated limitations. Some of the more ad-hoc updates elicit some quite interesting responses (as you will see from the example below). As well as many of the scheduled updates. I am also interested by which platforms give what responses, when and also how this appears.

I cannot say that I have formed any exacting opinions yet. What I do know is that this could; actually should become a vehicle for content delivery and promotion at my university.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK