Communicating at me ...

In my professional and personal life, I often encounter souls who 'communicate at' me. It is as if, they are set on broadcast mode and the input systems are set to shut down. For my networking geeky mates, they are operating at half-duplex with suspicions of simplex communication.

With age comes cynicism an ability to:

  • Ignore them
  • Do what I wish anyway
  • Occasionally inject undetectable sarcasm to see if you are actually listening

So, please do check, I do listen and don't take my silence as agreement. Chances are I have a full measure of you within a few words of continual output.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...