The wonders of teaching @OUstudents ...


I am often struck by those with an energy and enthusiasm to learn; this is the one factor that keeps me going as an educator over the years and still gives me that little ‘buzz’.

Teaching Open University students certainly gives me that. Not that I did not enjoy teaching post-16 in the UK, often I found the same nascent enthusiasm, you just needed to nurture it.

After spending eight days in Botswana, I can share with assurance that I have encountered one of the most engaged and enthused group of students that I have taught for a very long time.

They are no better or worse than others I have taught but their desire to learn and better themselves is something that a few Brits could take heed of. Intellectual hoovers; these students want to know every little bit and understand why.

Better still they do this with charm, courtesy and openness that Englandshire may have lost.

If all goes well, I may return to Botwana next year, one is already planning this as one cannot miss the chance to come back.

Here are some of the souls below ...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...