Endorse me ...

I would consider myself to be a social media layman, someone who dabbles, more often observes and considers what is worth pursuit or not.

This post could express an infinity of ideas, but as time is short and interest less so. Lets explore the notion of endorsement on LinkedIn. Unlike the 'recommendations' tool where you have to attempt to write something, pithy, punchy and coherent. Whereas with an endorsement, you simply have to agree that a word matches something that others could also agree is a personal and professional match.

So lets take a look at my current endorsements ...


Nothing unusual in the top ranking, to be fair, I am being endorsed for my work on bringing Linux into the modules at the OU, my technical skill is average at best. What makes me chuckle is that on the subjective view of one soul another has agreed that I have skills in the discipline of Windows.

Um, nope I don't, I have probably a power user and given any inclination I could teach myself how to manage an active directory infrastructure. But endorsing me for something that I do not even pretend to have a passing interest is quite amusing.

//I note that John Naughton got here first with his observer article, I can only claim to have written this before Christmas and scheduled this post.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK