Day #2 of Brexit ... dumbfounded of ingerlandshire ....

Words cannot describe the sense of bemusement, confusion and befuddlement one is feeling over 36 hours after the result was announced. I am dumbfounded of Ingerlandshire

Brexit ... even tho the spell check will not yet acknowledge it, it has become a proper word.

I am a big fan of democracy and will come round to the decision - like it or not. However I am somewhat dumbstruck by the rhetoric pervading social media and wider media. As well as seemingly intelligent individuals not appreciating how this decision has been seen by others.

Going back to my previous post - which on reflection I still stand by. We (as a nation) do not seem to appreciate what others will now do as a result of this decision.

While I am not a 'research' academic, my teaching reaches many students in the UK by virtue of our international alliances. These will remain yet they will struggle as we have to dodge political dogma and uncertainty for the next two or more years.

Uncertainty equals reticence - that is the way it is. I understand that some of the allies I work with on behalf of UK education will rethink their position, I do not blame them.

I will plough on, I will also adapt. Some of my work is idealistic and can be reeled in if required. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK