The power of saying no ... not yes ...

In my twisted mind, there are two kinds of 'yes men'. Those who say yes, to appease and agree with those they feel they have to kow tow to. Then there are the others, who say yes; as they feel a sense of duty, often misguided.

I often get last minute demands on my time; often by those who are a little hapless in their diary organisation. Requests for meetings at unusual times, often within the next seven days etc.

For this, I find there is power in saying 'no', not out of any surly obstinance, more as a process of educating souls that I am the sole manager of my diary. If you want in, or feel that you need me, plan ahead, it can work.

My diary seems to have a long lead time, often with the forthcoming two months accounted for as events roll on.

Don't be surprised if I agree to something that is last minute; maybe it might just be something that suits me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...