When time flies ...

Bumped into a ex-student today, he was not immediately recognizable, partly the full beard, partly the fact that my recollection of him was as a 16-18 year old.

The frightening bit is that he is now 30 ... and he is not one of the first students I taught in the 90's.

It was good to briefly catch up, hear how he is doing in the industry and recall some amusing anecdotes. I do miss the face to face teaching side, yet equally I love the job I now have. What was reassuring, was the fact that twelve years ago, I helped inject some knowledge and understanding of hardware support and networking into the youth. Now to see a man enjoying the first quarter of their career.

I would never encourage anyone to take up teaching, but if you do, you may be fortunate enough to see the result of your labour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...