Periscope persistence and the steaming wars are game on …


Well that was no surprise – first Periscope, then Facebook Live a year (or so) later. Wait and lo, in a short period of time, Twitter update their service to offer resources that duplicate some of Facebook's offer.

So – the battle is on!

I am still undecided which is the best, in fact I am now inclined to take the view that they are becoming audience specific. The hard part is to critically compare the two in similar terms.

I have done a series of short sessions on both platforms – at different times of year with different affordances. Both had the same pre-messaging and both had good audiences.

I almost need to do both - more or less at the same time to both audiences on a short sequence (three topics). Pitch one at X-o’clock and the other at Y-o’clock or both at the same time but on different weeks (one week apart).

Same subject, same tech, same delivery (as best as I can) then compare the two sets in terms of participation a week later from the delivery date so that I can get a view of persistence. There are self-selection issues and audience preference, which need to be considered.

From a teaching perspective, I am thinking of offering short sessions in:
  • Setting up a network using EIGRP
  • The passive interface command – why do we need it?
  • CDP your friendly network neighbourhood snitch.

To be honest, I would appreciate any advice, observations and constructive guidance on what may be the best way of conducting a comparative and critical analysis of the two platforms.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, what do you think about simulation ...

Packet Tracer using Wineskin Winery ...

The Pascal debate ...