For the last week I have been a guest curator of @PeopleOfUK ...

Many who follow this blog - view me via the lens of my work at the Open University dabbling with social media and teaching Cisco Networking. For the last week - I have been the resident curator of PeopleOfUK.

What is @PeopleOfUK - in my own words every year 52 volunteers get to take charge of an account and blog about themselves - what they do, where they are etc. Keeping it honest, clean(ish) and avoiding being too promotional.

A great idea and an account that I have been following for about two years.

I mixed in some of my automated social media techniques with live social media outputs. Nothing new there. I also did a couple of Periscope sessions, shared a well known poem by Twitter and some pleasant photos (well I think so),

You get to chat to others - discovered that someone I know also follows this account, much to their surprise. To be fair, you must commit to putting out two/three tweets a day - personally this is not difficult. My other accounts were all running to their schedules - so a week on another account probably wasn't noticed (scary isn't it).

Donna from Derby has just taken the baton - representative of all the diverse souls sharing their weeks.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, what do you think about simulation ...

Packet Tracer using Wineskin Winery ...

The Pascal debate ...