Terrible news ...

Last night I was a little surprised to receive a call from a former student (who became a colleague). Whom I haven't seen since leaving my previous employer five years ago.

Have you heard about Sam?

Sam, was one of my penultimate full time students and a member of a tutor group I managed from 2006/2007. This was a group of Level 3, Networking students, covering topics such as the Cisco CCNA.

A vibrant soul, a sole female in a group of 20 males, she certainly made her mark, in personality, intellect and ability to handle the rest of her group. She was one of a small set of motivated souls I used to set extra challenges, when I used to try out some of my network simulation ideas.

The news, quite unexpected and something you never consider when it comes to teaching. The mortality of the youth you educate somehow doesn't fit into the equation.

Words fail me ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...