Money for old rope and how this offends me ...

If you unsure what old rope looks like, here is a clearly recognisable image - I hope this makes sense. However, we will not be looking at pictures of rope during this post. That is far too exciting. I am instead going to have a wee rant!

I cannot describe in sufficient prose, the ire I feel when I encounter educational establishments that have been paying good money for nothing. To access something that is free and in effect pay money for old rope.

I would rather offer an opportunity for free and consider the long term reputation and collaborative benefits. Yet, there are those who can only see the short term income. Solely the income and nothing else. Over the weekend I rescued another educational establishment from this trap. Offering them the same level of service for free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...