Yes - using #facebook for @OUCisco and @CiscoNetAcad is work ...

Yes, I am lucky and yes, it is true, often when I explain to polite company that as part of my job I choose to use facebook and it is broadly supported by my employer. I encounter general gestures and reactions of disbelief - especially among some of my facebook friends.

I can easily speak on education - for other industries, you know your marketplace and the community and will be able to decide for yourselves.

Here is a world where I can semi-automate an educational experience and utilise the tools and affordances of social media. From browser to smartphone, from automatic to real time. Both works for me and the community I curate.

So using the semi deadly 'so' of blogging - So, how do you think that you could incorporate social media into your professional practice as an educator. Are you doing this, yes or no? If yes, I am interested to learn how? If no, why not and can we (as a community) look at ways of being some help?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...