@guardian right wing faction ...

If there was to be a right wing faction of the Guardian newspaper; I suppose I would be a fully signed up member. More conservative than liberal (note the small c and l), all in favour of many capitalist values. I stop at the 'self interest' of the Telegraph, the corporate megalomania of the Times and the nimby mindset of the Daily Mail.

For me, there is nothing wrong with capitalist values so long as they include social responsibility.

Preferring to get my news via Twitter; my iShiny and old aunty beebs interweb site. The bile between different pundits make the news more interesting.

Reading this article (and blog entry) ... http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/01/richard-littlejohn-wrong-about-jack-monroe-daily-mail it does not take much to see that some more well known and named columnists. Focus not on the truth, nor news, but playing up to their own baying audience. I don't know 'Jack'; something tells me this is a brave and considered soul. Alas for Mr Littlejohn, I never found myself a fan, to my mind it is as if he is the archetype of the tome he writes for.

Knowing, in the past what its like to be on a limited income and working hard to better the situation. I am one of those dads who has worked long hours for their families, seeing the same come from parents who are single, not-married, same-sex and just plain different (from the Mail that is). If there was a population that should be attacked, should it not be those work shy rich that expect others to do their work for them whilst making little contribution to the good of the nation. But, we must remember, Mr Littlejohn loves them whilst loathes those who could be seen as easy prey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK