The Thane of Cawdor ...

In my limited experience of the Shakespearian world, I can emerge with one thought.

"My head hurts."

Apart from the the temporary neurological paralysis, i must admit it was enjoyable, but if it was not for some excellent advice from a colleague (basically i was told to read a synopsis) i would have otherwise been perplexed on my first foray into the works of the Bard.

What interested me, were two additional factors.
  • The ruthless pursuit of power, with no regard for the consequence and ultimate doom.
  • How the story, had no relation to the truth, there was a Scottish King, by the name of Macbeth who by all accounts was a well loved monarch.
The tabloid press could not have bettered this themselves.

I do intend to see some more Shakespeare, it would be rude not to and intend to at least form a view of the playwright before i declare

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...