My two words are auto and mation ...

Is it just me or do I worry about the number of souls who think that social media has to be maintained with a constant hand on the pump. The number of educators, professionals and other souls who I would expect to be more knowledgable are manually crafting each individual update.

Really?

Worse, when I meet occasional souls who say ... you spend all your time on Facebook/LinkedIN/Twitter how do you get any work done. Erm, hello, may I introduce you to two words:

Auto and Mation!

Computers were invented to compute repetitive number crunching tasks at a greater speed and accuracy than their sentient semi-evolved creators. Automation has been the prime mainstay of computing since the year dot.

So, please help me here - why doesn't social media seem to encourage this mindset, especially amongst educators.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...