Inflight wifi - it is rare, so airlines more please ...

It would appear that inflight is still a rare experience – yet flying with one of the eight airlines currently offering this service (in anger). IT has been a liberating experience.

As a pre-blogger, someone who will stage the release of my posts especially when I know that I am to be busy. The option of writing posts like this one on an accumulative flight time of 17 hours does give one the ability to cope with the haul.

So – dear airlines, we will pay, I was happy with the small data freemium – and was willing to pay for additional service (the rate was very reasonable). I can cope with the erratic bandwidth. I have been able to keep in touch – solve a couple of work related problems and engage with friends around the globe on social media.

As chance would have it - one was able to have a facebook exchange with one friend in mid air on one of the eight airlines (probably above the North Sea as I was heading towards the East Indian Ocean.


More please on more airlines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...