Writers Cramp ...

Earlier this week I had to fill in a short form ... nothing untoward here, so you would think? But for the first time i noticed that my somewhat unseemly scrawl had turned from spider fitting to a drunken wasp. For the purpose of analogy, I can assure you there is a difference.

It was not a long composition, but by crumbs, jingo and golly gosh it was uncomfortable. The resulting prose took me a moment to recognise as well.

As hand writing was never a strong point, the QWERTYesqe contraption was certainly attractive. But seeing a sudden change in my dexterity made me stop and think.

So dearest audience, have you tried writing words onto a piece of pulped tree recently? How would you describe your experience?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK