My recurring nightmare ...

For those that know me, I often refer abstractly to different organisations. Litigation is a funny thing, the sort of funny that is not. So, one has always been very cautious about what I share.

Nevertheless, personal experiences are different ... especially when they are recurring nightmares.

If this is the first time you have ever read a blog post; you may think that I am already somewhat off the wall. If you get to know me, you may appreciate how true this is. However having escaped my old FE College to a much better placed organisation. Somewhere in Milton Keynes and very Open about its educational remit. For a period, my sleep was often disturbed by the same dream enacted in various versions of the same scenario.
I had handed in my notice to go back and work at my old further education college.
The typical end to each reenactment of this dream would be waking up and in that moment of confusion. It would take a few seconds to remember that I am no longer working there and where I am now.

Which is a sincere shame; I enjoyed the teaching, the students were great fun, it was a great experience to be at the top of the game in a department graded outstanding and a provision that was apparently envied by many.

The nightmares have stopped. Possibly as one has accepted that I am secure in my now not so new organisation. But for some dear friends and former colleagues, they are enduring a recurring nightmare of their own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK