Day #4 of #Brexit ... why am I still so angry ... then I remember ...

I don't like doing angry, it isn't good for the soul there is always something to be annoyed by and often it is trivial. Brexit on the other hand is an entirely different matter ... I can put aside the piss poor Stabby McBackStabby of our politicians. Eventually they will emerge from their own effluent and attempt to solve the problem.

Yet for the first time in my entire 47.5 years I have the distinct feeling that we are a rudderless nation floating metaphorically to a self imposed isolationist decay.

Now we learn of racist acts - small minded feeling empowered by the political climate. I hear from migrants who have invested in the UK - fearful of their position. I hear of Brits fearful of the long term prospect economically and socially.

Some of us may have voted for the nation we wished for - I doubt we will get the future we desire.


Comments

  1. I think we'll have to get our heads down to try to sort out this sorry mess but what we mustn't ever do is forget the folk who lied and lied again to bring us to this state

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...