Top Tips for doing Top Tips ...

Lists and top tips are the bane of my existence. If you have some advice, write it. It may break down into a list if needed, you could offer hints and tips if they are worth it. But the chances are, if you think so, many others will not.

Yet so many of these format pages prevail on the Interweb and Social Media alike.

When I am researching topics for teaching, technology or research - I often encounter these on my world wide webby travels. Seldom finding any to have any unique value - worse I start spotting that one site is a rip off of another and bait for adverts and/or malware.

So to sully my reputation and demonstrate hypocrisy - here are my top tips for dealing with top tips based Internet output:
  1. Ignore them - try other sources and see if they are more applicable
  2. Pay attention to point one in this list

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...