Academic asides to participating in @ConversationUK and @ConversationEDU

I have been blogging for some considerable time. By my reckoning I have been 'at it' for over eight years, but taking it seriously for the last four.

The readership has been variable, in the early days reaching around 1000 readers a month. More often reaching 2.5 to 3 thousand each month over the time I have been active.

Like all communication mediums, it varies; some months doing well others not so. But, what I have observed in being an active collaborator on The Conversation is the recent surge from what was a doldrum time during Jan/Feb of this year.

Writing for The Conversation means that I can republish (my own work) on my blog, so in an indirect way I am benefiting from a collaboration that offers me a capable editor in Laura Hood. Via The Conversation, my hit rate is very impressive. Via my blog, this is enhancing my reach.

I note that this is also increasing my reach via Twitter, getting many RTs, faves and some new follows.

So, when asked what the benefit is, when participating, I think that you do have to reuse what you offer to increase your internet presence. Which it does seem to be having an effect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK