Egads found a livecast to facebook live open source tool (with the help of a colleague) ...

A couple of days ago I crowd sourced ideas and experience from colleagues on our own corporate social media platform (Yammer). It worked - better, it was a library technician that came to my aid. Facebook were promoting all manner of commercial live streaming tools - however OBS does the job on any operating system for free.

I have already tried some scenarios, multiple cameras, desktop and window sharing. I will need to build up my experience. This I do not see as a particular challenge. My hope is that we will soon be able to offer live screencasts or alternate sessions via facebook live. With the added bonus that they can also be recorded - maybe this will become the way forward for live as well as pre-recorded television. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK