Naming Routers ...

One of the pleasures bestowed when writing assignments and other assessments for any educational establishment is the freedom when designing the scenario. Having worked in a 'closed' institution, I could create any situation and assesses the students. However working for the Open University and other national entities the work I create has considerable reach ... where you are suddenly struck with the reality that anything copyrighted is out of bounds.

To solve this, I use real places, stars, planets, mythology etc. Situations that are in the public domain and not subject to any intellectual ownership. The figure below, represents a network I use for one of our ongoing assignments. Do not worry, this version is two years old and a new version has already been created.

A West Country Focussed Network



























At the moment I am using three towns and one city from my part of Somerset - I have used others, these are all quite close to each other. I know them well and having seen them again recently wonder if it is time for a tweak.

Cunningly, I reckon I am exposing at least 500 new individuals a year to my part of Somerset. They may never know much about each of these places. Yet, they may one day visit this area and make that connection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...