Operating System Agnostic ...

Ok, so it is a little untidy, this is my home office.
Every time I hear the question, what do you think is the best operating system? An inner desire to sigh, tut, mutter and strangle an kitten comes upon me. While I have been a champion of Linux (in some quarters), I also use a shiny mac book pro, for work in the Cisco Packet Tracer community amongst many other reasons. I also use Windows based software and have over the years clocked experience on all systems at one time or another.

The above image describes me well ... on an XBox, with a PiZero, Windows 7, two Mac Books and an open mind. Working as a computing/networking academic, I need to have a view of all - at different times being able to adapt and adopt. I do not dislike Microsoft (I may joke about them, then I have also teased people in the Linux community and also some self deluded Apple lovers).

So why the XBox, my wife bought it for me - I do like to occasionally game and these days it is a very slick media centre. My Son has a far greater proficiency on this tech - which to be fair is better him than I in many respects.

I will remain agnostic, preferring to use whatever tool suits current need.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...