Being in many social media places at the same time ...


The above image is by no means definitive - it does however describe how I link some of my social media inputs to multiple outputs. I am always wary to respond when asked about my impact as the measures are multiple.

In effect I have three inputs (hootsuite, blog and twitter), yet there are eight outputs (blog, google+, twitter, LinkedIN, Facebook, Tumblr, WordPress, Medium). Each has their own affordances, each reaches different communities of interest.

It isn't difficult being in these multiple places, some of the work is accomplished by TwitterFeed - for some it is also done via IFTTT as well as the specific integration resources available on a couple of platforms.

In doing this, I can easily multiply my outputs by virtue of a single input. Something that should make sense for any social media savvy academic.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...