Academic blogging - just do it and keep it up ...

Sitting here this morning with a cup of coffee in hand and statistics in mind. Having just noticed that my overall hits on this blog have wandered past another milestone.

On more occasions than I can now recall, I have been asked how I have been able to build up my readership. I give multiple answers, to be honest, it does depend on my mood and sense of humour at the time. However, there is no magic formulae. We all write about what we know (I hope) and we all write about what we enjoy (otherwise it would be silly).

Once you have an idea of what it is you are going to write about, just do it and keep doing it. Don't be afraid to try out different subjects or ideas, do not be afraid of gaps or doing too much. It is easy to schedule blog posts, if you are full of ideas.

You can easily link your blog to social media, Google+, twitter, facebook etc ... it does help encourage your readership. They will come from all kinds of interesting and unexpected places, not all are predicable.

Write away, they will come, but do not expect overnight success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...