Knowing the station before the station …

Sitting on a train, traversing from London back to the shires. Its early rush hour and timing is everything especially on a Friday. There was a 50/50 choice which station I should attempt from my location in London encouraged by the prevailing and essential notion … will I get a seat.

Well I did, I usually do, but potluck has its occasional downside.

In crowded cities like London, there is an art to knowing the station before the busy station and how to get there quickly, without much effort and probably using the quickest route by foot.


Over the years my art has changed depending on the commonplace destinations I go to. Each one worth a little forethought, local knowledge and collective intelligence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK