Wrong motivation ...

This is one of my more abstract posts. Last week I had what I can only describe as a professionally interesting conversation with someone, unrelated to either my day job or any national role I hold.

They seemed to be keen to promote the interests of their organisation above any national interest. Somehow having lost (or maybe never gained) perspective on what the game they involved themselves is about.

One key question they asked was "what do they need to do, to give the candiate the skills needed" ... my reply confused them, "nothing, you need to spot who has the hunger for success and nurture it".

You can throw anything and everything at someone and give them all the tools for success. If they do not have the will or the inclination to apply it, nothing will happen.

They have the wrong motivations, in the game they wish to play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK