I wonder what the new generation of Watches brings ...

I am sure many reading this, are aware of the next generation of watches, these so called ePaper devices, that sit on your wrist and offer many other services. Whilst this is not news, as there where digital watches in the 1980's offering a range of features. Recalling my Casio data bank watch, which I used to store phone numbers (and useful it was too).

What has changed, is what they can offer and what could be accomplished with this. As a bluetooth parasite device, it becomes a front end and remote to your discretely located mobile phone.

So, I wonder that this will bring ...
Thought one ... double muggings, if I can see that you can afford one of these watches (not that they are too expensive), I can assume that on your person you also have a nice phone for the pickings. 
Thought two ... exam cheats, now one can have notifications to the phone via a variety of platforms. Can a corrupt teacher pass messages to their class? Could a student prepare a set of reminder notifications during the examination. Is there something I have missed that could also be accomplished.
All technology has unintended consequences as well as a period of adjustment. What will the watch of the future bring us now?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK