Me too, me too, me too please? ...



In a canned cattle moment, I had four souls from a centre ask to become members of my public wiki. In a fit of mythical lemming behavior, one after the other clicked on the link to join. In spite of the fact that my wiki has a two clear notices stating that its public read only.

The reason I use a wiki, in this mode, is simply to have a site that I can edit, very quickly and ensure that the information is available to all. Instead of sending email updates, recurring documents etc, one can reduce the noise on the net and provide a repository of information.

Yet, as soon as one of these souls wanted in, within an hour, other requests were coming in from the same centre.

Did any of them read, or did they simply panic, did not want to miss out and want in on something they could already have.

Some centres do amuse me …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...