Shifting sands ...

In my role as Lead Verifier come Senior Standards Verifier [such are the joys of this time of transition] I have been immersed in the rules and nuances of different national standards in education. One thing I have learnt in my short time is that there is nothing more constant in life, than change itself.

But what amuses me is how some will hold on to the old, irrespective of the fact the new is coming up fast and will become established.

More amusing is the grip applied to the old, it may be going, it may be harder to retain, but the effort and guile used to keep it is often greater than the work in making the change in the first place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikipedia editors never walk alone: Hillsborough changes can be traced ... from @ConversationUK

If airlines offer in-flight Wi-Fi, they should invest in an extra black box for security ...

Highlights and lowlights of 2014, a golden year for cybercrime from @ConversationUK